Tunnel Project Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Tunnel Project Manager to work within the project development team of our client’s US$2.9 billion multi-discipline engineering, procurement and construction project. Reporting to the area project director, the purpose of the role will be to project manage the tunnel area and oversee the work of their contractors that carry out the design and build.
Role / Responsibilities:
About the project:
The tunnelling scope of the project consists of a 37km long, segmentally lined tunnel to be constructed with tunnel boring machines (TBMs). The tunnel will be excavated to 350m below ground level and access to the tunnelling work fronts will be from shafts and a shallow portal on Teesside. The tunnel will eventually be used to transport the mined mineral on a conveyor, and to transmit 66kV to power the mine site.
- Deliver project area outcomes in terms of time, cost and quality.
- Organise and carry out the coordination and management of contractors to ensure that construction is safely planned and arranged in advance of target dates.
- Develop, monitor and challenge programs of work, schedules and costs.
- Ensure the timely coordination of activities, access, logistics and planning in assigned work areas.
- Ensure that the criteria specified in the contract and applicable to the construction process are met.
- Ensure that works comply with technical specifications, applicable legislation, approvals and standards, as well as internal safety and quality requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of drawings, design, risk assessments, method statement documentation, equipment specification and site management.
Essential / Desirable experience required:
- Practical tunnelling experience is required for this role – ideally 15 years’ experience on similar works.
- Experience working on at least three tunnel projects (with at least one working on the client side).
- Understanding of the technical aspects of tunnelling and different tunnelling methodologies – specific experience of segmental-lining tunnelling using tunnel boring machines (TBMs) is essential.
- Understanding of the human, organisational and cultural aspects of a tunnelling project and the ability to deliver results in this environment.
- Experience of being the named employer’s representative and the first point of contact for similar contracts.
- Qualified in mining, civil engineering or a similar applicable discipline.
Your application will be reviewed shortly after it is submitted.