Regional Trials Agronomist
About this company:
Our client is seeking a Regional agronomist, based in North America, to assist in monitoring commercial and technical trials. Reporting to the head of Research and Development, the full-time role will identify facilities and establish and monitor trials for the Company’s flagship product, the multi-nutrient fertilizer POLY4.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Identify trials and research facilities in conjunction with other team members
- Visit and audit potential new facilities and staff
- Assist in new trial establishment and monitor and submit status reports
- Ensure trials follow good experimental practice
- Control stocks of research material and assist with product transportation
- Provide a resource of local agricultural data, including soil nutrient status, fertilizer use, crops and crop performance data, major industry players and products
- Pro-actively assist the Sales and Marketing team with technical data, support and presentations
- Support and participate in technical events and seminars as required
- Liaise with and assist the marketing team to support potential customer growth
Essential / Desirable experience required:
- A university bachelor’s degree or master’s qualification in an appropriate discipline
- Extensive on-farm fertilizer / agrochemical trials experience, preferably with a fertilizer focus
- An understanding of trial design, interpretation and statistical evaluations
- Experience in working to protocol guidelines
- Commercial crop experience complementary to the region
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and local languages
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- A self-manager with the ability to prioritise and plan work to communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders
- Commercial awareness within the North US region
- Regular Travel required
This is not a complete statement of duties and may be amended in light of changing needs of the organisation, after consultation with the post holder.
To apply for this position in the first instance send your CV to Scarborough Jobmatch by email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title of the position you wish to apply for.
If you do not hear from us within 14 days of applying for this vacancy, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Your application will be reviewed shortly after it is submitted.