Community care worker
Role / Responsibilities:
- Too actively support person centred planning with each individual, ensuring that support plans are tailored to meet individual needs and wishes, identifying opportunities that promote growth and development for the people we support.
- To provide support in line with individuals support plans and service aims & objectives. This may include but is not limited to personal/intimate care; support with daily living; managing finances; maintaining relationships; supporting social/community involvement; supporting education & employment and undertaking activities and holidays.
- To actively support each individual to manage their health needs, e.g. administration of medication, attendance at appointments, supporting dietary needs and through monitoring, recording and reporting changing needs as appropriate.
- To develop an understanding of each person’s communication needs and styles, in order to facilitate effective communication, enabling the people we support to make their own informed choices, communicate their own wishes and be “listened to” whatever their means of communication.
- To be willing to take an active role in the spiritual and cultural needs of the people we support according to the individual’s beliefs, wishes and customs.
- To take responsibility in ensuring that every individual we support is safeguarded from harm, abuse, and unnecessary risk.
- To ensure appropriate care is taken in relation to the use of equipment (service and individual) and personal belongings of the people we support.
- To travel to allocated locations and if required drive service/people we support’s vehicles, completing relevant checks and records in relation to travel undertaken.
- To undertake lone working, night sleep in duties and on-call arrangements as required in the service specification.
- To take responsibility for your job description and an active role in determining and meeting your development needs.
- To carry out any other duties that are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, its title and are requested by the post-holder’s line manager.
Essential / Desirable experience required:
- Must be able to gain an appropriate Level 2 or 3 Social Care qualification in line with the organisation’s Strategic Aims
- Able to adapt to an ever changing environment
- Able to work on own or as part of team
- Good planning, prioritising, organisational and monitoring skills
Your application will be reviewed shortly after it is submitted.