- To travel to allocated locations, if required.
- To participate in on-call arrangements, as appropriate
- To take responsibility for your job description and take an active role in determining and meeting your development needs.
- To carry out any other duties that are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, its title and are requested by the post-holder’s line manager.
- To ensure service specific regulatory, legislative and contractual obligations for the provision of social care services are met, as per current requirements.
- To carry out all aspects of the role within the guidance of the Organisation’s vision, mission, ethos and values, enabling the people we support to maximise their independence, choice and control, acting as a role model and practice leader to the teams.
- To carry out all aspects of the role within the guidance of the Company Staff, Dignity & Personalisation Charters and the Code of Conduct for Healthcare Support Workers and Adult Social Care Workers.
- In the absence of the Locality Manager to deputise for them and assume full charge of the service.
- To ensure that you have processes and procedures in place to ensure the prevention and control of infection.
- To ensure that all staff are aware of their responsibility for the prevention and control of infection.
Policy, Legislation and Administration:
- To adhere to and support the Locality Manager in ensuring that your team understands and operates within all Organisational policies, procedures, best practice guidelines in relation to Health and Social Care Standards, and local contractual arrangements and ensure that staff understand their responsibilities within them.
- To ensure all work by both yourself and others is safely carried out within Organisational policy and the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974), proactively managing hazards and risks and responding appropriately to Health & Safety emergencies.
- To ensure that teams are fully aware of their responsibilities as defined by Walsingham Policy and the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974).
- To ensure Risk Assessments are undertaken, recorded, delivered and regularly reviewed.
- In conjunction with the Locality Manager, ensure that emergency business contingency plans are comprehensive and are regularly reviewed.
- To ensure all records are updated and maintained accurately, in line with Confidentiality and Data Protection policies, legal and contractual requirements, Walsingham policies and procedures and service level arrangements.
- To provide written reports as required by the role and as directed by your Locality Manager.
- To report and record any significant issues, including accidents & incidents, notifiable events, safeguarding or other concerns through appropriate channels as outlined in the scheme of delegation and relevant policies and procedures.
Budgets and Finance:
- To support the Locality Manager in developing the budget for the service within agreed time scales.
- To support the Locality Manager with effective financial planning and budgetary control for the service.
- To ensure that all financial transactions are recorded and monitored in line with relevant Organisational policies and procedures.